shading study_beerfoam

Carl krause renderout2 02
Carl krause progress 01

wip_1 was rendered in mantra because of the possibility to define nested dialectrics. but it I struggled a lot with the translucent-settings so I changed to arnold and rendered the foam part as a volume with different settings in each iteration

shading study_beerfoam

my submission for the shading challenge at www.shaders.xyz/
the base-model was provide by the forum.

I built a small setup in houdini for smaller and bigger bubbles. Back in maya I rendered the foampart as a volume with the new function in arnold 5. rendertime was almost 24 hours.